What is Nail Shop Paris?
Nail Shop Paris is a drama that aired on May 3, 2013, about a female writer who goes undercover as a boy to get some more information about her muse who works at an all-boys nail salon. The concept, which at first seems kind of strange, is actually endearing, and honestly, one of the best businesses ever. Why is that? Here are 10 reasons why Nail Shop Paris is the best nail salon ever.
1. You get your nails done (manicure and pedicure please!)
2. The patterns and designs that appear on your nails are FABULOUS. (Clearly, these are talented folk)
3. The boys that work there are FLOWER BOYS, aka they are possibly some of the most good looking, perfect boys on the planet. This means more business, more money, and more success!
4. You might get to fall in love with some of them.
5. It’s almost as good as reliving Coffee Prince, without actually watching Coffee Prince for the 100-th time.
6. The fact that only guys work there gives the place an awesome, high end vibe.
7. The guys are really good people (Jun Ji Hoo)
8. The boys working at Nail Shop Paris are artistic, and who doesn’t like artistic boys?
9. The bromances that happen in the salon are so adorable. (Alex and Kay!)
10. It’s a nail salon. Seriously.
Details of the Drama:
Hong Yeo Joo (blogger and girl turned boy), played by Park Gyu Ri
Alex, or Kim Ji Hun (oldest of the flower boys), played by Jun Ji Hoo
Kay, or Kang Jong Hyuk (“bad boy” flower boy), played by Song Jae Rim
Jin (youngest, cutest flower boy), played by Cheon Doong
Geum Mi Ryeo (Nail Shop owner), played by Kim Chae Yeon
Kim Ji Soo (Yeo Joo’s best friend), played by Han So Young
Also, if you’re interested, watch the trailer here